Introduce students to specific first aid items and the importance of carrying them out safely.
The delegates are able to demonstrate, identiy and explain:
- Understanding of the importance of carrying out first aid in a safe manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location and according to ILCOR e.g. ERC and AHA guidelines
- Normal function, normal signs and symptoms of serious and minor injuries and illness related to the human body
- Order of management in an emergency in a WTG environment
- Correct use of lifesaving First Aid using the Primary Survey “C” A-B-C including the use of an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- Correct use of the Secondary Survey
- Correct use of first aid equipment in a first aid scenario.